Saturday, February 12, 2011

Babengo Club - Take 1















This is the painting that I used for my heading. It's called Babengo Club. I got the images of the people from a book of old photographs of, you guessed it, the Babengo Club. For the background, I used photographs I took one Halloween of houses at night. It is a long painting so I photographed it in halves. I bet there is a better way but this was the best I could do for the moment. I love this painting. It's on a wooden board. The background is painted with waterbased oil paints, which are pretty interesting. The figures are watercolor painted on top of an acrylic water absorbent ground.  I love to paint on wood and I love to paint with watercolor. Imagine my delight in finding a way to combine the two! Huzzah! I painted the letters with enamel because you can get such a fine line. Man, I love painting when it goes well.


No comments:

Post a Comment