Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crocheted Baskets

My new obsession. Crocheting baskets. I'll tell you why. You can take a big ol' crochet hook and a bunch of cheap old yarn you have no use for and in a couple of hours, whip up a gorgeous, useful something. I used six strands of sport weight yarn in varying colors, a few that actually changed color as I went. This kept my heart and my eyes happy. The big white plastic crochet hook I used doesn't have a size marking on it. I believe it was the biggest hook I could find in Michael's or Joann's craft store.
The first basket I made was to put my son's ball collection in. The second was for a friend who just had a baby. The third is to keep diapers in in my son's room by his changing pad. These can be washed, stomped on, worn on your head, climbed in and flattened and they still pop back up into baskets. You can make them any size too. I am thinking of making one in wool and felting it in a hot water cycle in the washer.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get this here pattern up on Etsy girl!!! and fast! -k

    wish they offered typo correction...it said "his" instead of "this"...I'm a perfectionist - can you tell?!

    ReplyDelete