Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mud Kitchen

   Desmond is trying out a preschool that my friend Danielle runs out of her house called Art and Soul. She has a mud kitchen in her yard and this inspired me to make one for Desmond. There is a wonderful flea market on 9W in Ravena NY, that is a glorious junk shop with aisles and piles of THINGS. This is where I did most of my shopping, except for a couple of dollar store things. I love the idea of reusing old things and giving them new purpose. Here are some pictures I took as I put the kitchen together. I am sure it will evolve over time. I am trying to let go of the order and cleanliness that is my wish for the mud kitchen. First of all, it is not mine per say and second of all it is a MUD kitchen. 


Spidey, the family dog, checking out the kitchen. Sorry Spidey, no food here. 


We have different sized bowls with spouts to practice pouring, a pot, some muffin tins, fun utensils, a funnel, a big bowl for water, plates, cups and forks, knives and spoons. I have since added a couple of strainers, mustard and ketchup squirt bottles, some wooden spoons and a bench for sitting.


I tied a few hooks to twine and made a place to hang things on the fence.


Lookin' good!


Oh! Chalk! 


Desmond jumps right in. We fill the big yellow bowl with water and he tries out the ladle. 


He adds water to a bowl of dirt. "Watcha makin', Desmond?" 


"Bread," he says.


Happy day! Happy mud kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment